e01 : Exam 1
|e01||true||Exam 1||Tue 10/22 05:00PM|
Practice Problems were posted on Piazza and covered during the review sessions announced there https://piazza.com/class/k16nt2mvjmn728?cid=29.
Have fun practicing what you’ve learned so far!
Remember: programming is not a spectator’s sport – you have to actively write code in order to get better at writing, reading, and debugging it. Practice, practice, practice, and ask questions.
## Exam logistics
Exam is on Tuesday, 10/22 in the regular lecture classroom at the usual lecture time.
Exam begins exactly at the start of the lecture - Please start arriving 5 minutes before class, so that you are ready when the exam begins.
There will be a seating chart projected on the screen and the TAs will have a physical copy of it, so they’ll be able to help you locate your seat.
You will be given a copy of the exam: you are supposed to work on the copy that you are given and should not trade it with your neighbors. Not following this guideline is considered a violation of academic integrity and can result in receiving a 0 for the exam.
Bring your student ID: we will collect yours during the exam and return it back to you when you turn in your exam and your notesheet.
- You may bring only one 8.5” x 11” piece of paper with handwritten notes on both sides (you don’t have to use both sides, but you may if you want to do so). You are not allowed two sheets each with one side of notes.
- Handwritten notes also mean that you should not print anything and/or tape it to your note sheet: research has shown that to best digest the material and understand what you are doing you need to hand-write the notes yourself.
- Please write your name in the top right corner (portrait orientation) on both sides of that sheet.
- Do not attach anything to your notesheet: you will need to turn in your notesheet with your exam to receive credit for it. If something is glued/taped/stapled/attached in any way to it, it will jam up the scanner and will cause you to lose points for not following instructions.
- Rememeber to turn in your notesheet before you leave the exam room. We will not accept it once you leave the classroom.
- If you do not need notes or want to create a notesheet, please turn in a blank sheet with your name in the top right corner (portrait orientation) on both sides of that sheet.
No books, calculators, phones, laptops or other materials or devices are allowed during the exam. Using them during the exam are a violation of academic integrity and can result in receiving a 0 for the exam.
You may turn in your exam and the notesheet before the end of the exam.
As soon as you turn in the exam and get your idea, please leave the classroom immediately.
- There are no makeups for this exam.
Guidelines last updated: Sunday, Oct 20, 2019