|(as it would appear on official course roster)|
|Umail address:||@umail.ucsb.edu|| section
| Optional: name you wish to be called|
if different from name above.
| Optional: name of "homework buddy"|
(leaving this blank signifies "I worked alone"
ic00: Pair Partner Picking Planning
|true||Tue 01/08 02:00PM||Wed 01/09 09:00AM|
You may collaborate on this homework with AT MOST one person, an optional "homework buddy".
MAY ONLY BE TURNED IN IN THE LECTURE/LAB LISTED ABOVE AS THE DUE DATE,
OR IF APPLICABLE, SUBMITTED ON GRADESCOPE. There is NO MAKEUP for missed assignments;
in place of that, we drop the lowest scores (if you have zeros, those are the lowest scores.)
This worksheet is intended to help you choose a pair partner, and/or whether the pair partner you’ve chosen is likely to be a good fit.
Please fill this out and then go into Phelps 3525 to find someone with responses similar to your own that also has a schedule compatible with yours.
(10 pts) Please fill in the information at the top of this homework sheet, including your name and umail address. If the other two items apply, please fill them in as well. Please do this every single time you submit homework for this class. It is important to fill in both name and umail every time, since handwriting is sometimes difficult to decipher. Having both helps us ensure you get credit for your work.
DO NOT staple, paper clip, spit-fold-and-tear, or do ANYTHING that would make it difficult to automatically feed your paper through a scanner.
- (10 pts) Please indicate the pronouns you go by:
☐ he/him/his ☐ she/her/hers ☐ they/them/theirs
- (5 pts) What lab section are you registered for? Check only one
☐ Wed 9am ☐ Wed 10am ☐ Wed 11am ☐ Wed noon
(10 pts) In this course, some assignments will be completed along with a pair partner. Do you already have someone in mind that you want to work with as a pair partner?
- Do they also want to work with you?
- Are they in the same lab section as you?
- Are they turning in this sheet with your name listed below?
If the answer to all of those is YES, check this box: ☐ and then write that person’s name here:
Otherwise, check this box: ☐ and we’ll choose a partner for you based on your responses below.
PLEASE CONTINUE ON THE BACK OF THIS SHEET
(5 pts) For convenience, please repeat your name and lab section here:
Name Lab Section
☐ 9am ☐ 10am ☐ 11am ☐ noon
- (15 pts) CMPSC 8 is designed for students with NO prior programming experience.
Nevertheless, sometimes students enroll that DO have some prior programming experience. Studies show that student learn best when matched with pair
partners at a level of prior experience similar to their own.
So, please let us know: before you started in CMPSC 8 this quarter, you may have had no prior programming experience, some prior programming experience,
or quite a bit of prior programming experience.
On a scale from 0 to 10, where 0 is none, 5 is "some", and 10 is
"considerable", how would you describe your programming experience prior to CMPSC 8? (Check only one)
Prior Programming Experience None Some Considerable 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
- (15 pts) What is your level of self-confidence in terms of learning
about Computer Science and programming in Python?
Confident Not at all Somewhat Very 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
- (15 pts) How much support and help do you anticipate needing
from the TAs and instructors?
Amount of help needed from TAs and instructors? Almost None Some but not much Quite a lot 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
- (10 pts) What is some information that you think your pair partner should know about you that will help you work better together? Write it down here and then share it with them.
- (5 pts) Write the name of the pair programming partner you found who has similar experience and confidence as you, and who has a compatible schedule. Exchange contact information with your pair partner.